Monday, January 28, 2013

For the ASMR Community: Extended Cuts of Picking My Beard

In late 2012 I discovered ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, through the following article, ASMR, the Good Feeling No One Can Explain.

The phenomenon that was being described seemed vaguely familiar but I really wasn’t sure what the article was about. It did, however, pique my interest enough that I started surfing some of the videos.

Surprisingly I found myself watching videos of ordinary women in an ordinary room whispering an inaudible dialogue. The videos put a smile on my face. The familiarity became more pronounced as I continued my search. An unknown amount of time later I still wasn’t sure what this was all about, that is, until I came across the following video. It tickled my brain and I found myself grinning from ear to ear.

ASMR ~ tapping hardcovor book ~



I finally understood what it was all about and was excited to confirm my findings. That’s when I headed over to /r/asmr and posted the following question:
I made a video of me combing my beard (dry hair), mainly for beard lovers. I have extra footage that I didn't include. Thinking about creating a longer version for ASMR lovers. What do you think?
The community liked the idea and that was all the motivation that I needed. Below you will find the extended cuts of me Picking My Beard. I hope you get as much joy watching them as I had making them.

Brushing Dry Morning Hair: Extended Cut (ASMR)



Picking Wet Hair: Extended Cut (ASMR)

No comments:

Post a Comment